Monday 29 September 2014

The Singapore Airlines Eye-Cover


Singapore Airline Eye Cover – stop the light from ending your slumber
 Edwin Lais

The eye-cover as seen to the left is meant to wrap around your head with a soft, elastic band. What makes this particular item difficult to perfect is the balance of the cover staying on while sleeping. No one wants to sleep with a tight elastic band around their head, but at the same time, it would be useless if the cover just fell off.
The Singapore Airline model is a cheaper design, meant to be given out en masse to passengers aboard their flight, as the bright artificial lights fill the aeroplanes, making it difficult for light sleepers like me.

As a sleeper that moves around a lot, this product is absolutely useless to me. Although it is meant to be cheap, it should still be able to perform its purpose at least to its basic level. The elastic band both feels rough and unpleasant, and can barely withstand any slight movements, falling off or moving to awkward positions on the face if I just felt like yawning.

Additionally, the strange material itself is uncomfortably smooth, like my face is getting miniature carpet burns each second I put this on. To top it all off, the bright red colour scheme does not help when sunlight pours into my room, as it pierces right through, giving me a rude awakening if I ever desired to sleep in or take a nap. That’s provided if it stays on and doesn’t end up choking me halfway through the night.
Pros: 
  • Free
Cons: 
  • Falls off easily
  • Unpleasant feeling
  • Light pierces through the cover like a diamond blade piercing soft jelly.


Rating: 1/5 Stars. More of an inconvenience than anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment